quinta-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2013


Damned, Delicious, and Dangerous
Damned, Delicious, and DangerousDamned, Delicious, and Dangerous by Lisa Renee Jones
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For starters, I have to say that the first story, " The Demon Lord's Cloak " from Delilah Devlin, didn't impress me much. I did smile and yes it was a funny and tender story but there was something missing.

For me the story pick's up when Voletta meets Damien and has to accept that she belongs to him. I think that her lack of fear is due to the fact that she's not human at all and probably her life would be different from a human.

Not used to give up control, Voletta always had free will to go and be whatever she wanted. There is also an inocence of physical knowledge  and we see her falling in love with her own encarcerer, as we see her discover the pleasures of the body.

On the other hand, we have Damien, Lord Malphas, a cursed fallen angel, a dark soul that falls in love with Voletta and makes an effort to keep her in his embrace.
I liked Damien, his sensuality, his tenderness, and his honesty in the decision to let her go free.

In the end, I did like the story, but I still felt that there was something missing.

The second story " Night Sins " from Lisa Renee Jones enchanted my mind and bewitched my senses. I love the good old dark vampires and a good love story, so this one really appealed to me.

We have Kayla Ward, a watcher, and then we have Ethan, a hot vampire. While she's trying to catch a murderer vampire that is killing in Vegas, Ethan is trying to find out where is the leak in his staff is and find who is helping the Blood Brothers, vampires that are trying to take the city from his hold. They are killing his former lovers and before it's too late, he has to protect Kayla from them.
She is his blood mate and they cannot deny the atraction between them.

This story has all the good ingredients, beautifully written, and with a plot development that takes you from the first page to the last wanting more.

About "The Devil's Paradise" by Megan Kerans, tells the story of Dashiel Wilde, a soulless demon and Justice Malloy, a human. They meet in " The Last Resort Hotel " when Justice goes out to find a place for the reception  of a wedding for one of her clients.

This hotel has the catch of only appearing when there are too many sinners walking the earth and it is taken care by our demon. Bound to the hotel, his soul is only freed by someone that will love him for what he is, but with so many sinners, sex and lust, it is very dificult to find a woman that has in her heart true love. He is provided with a compass that measures one's true self and the measure of it's lust.

Ovelooking this story by it's hole, I enjoyed it and would give a 3 stars to it, eventhough I think that the first three chapters were a little bit rushed.


View all my reviews

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário