quinta-feira, 2 de maio de 2013

Review - "Cherished" by Maya Banks and Lauren Dane


Cherished (Includes: Delicious, #1)Cherished by Maya Banks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Exiled" by Maya Banks

Enticed to the island paradise where an enigmatic prince is living in exile, beautiful, virginal Talia is introduced to a world of forbidden pleasure where the prince's every whim is fulfilled and her fantasies are rendered in exquisite detail. But when the prince is summoned back to fulfill his duty to his struggling country, reality is thrust upon Talia all too soon. She returns home, heartbroken, convinced she was a passing fancy for an idle ruler and his most trusted men. Until the day they arrive on her doorstep, determined to have her back where she belongs.

When you have an island all to yourself, together with a perfect prince and three beautiful men, ready to pleasure you and give you all that you might possibly need, I think the name for it is Paradise.
Talia is a very fortunate woman to have the love of this men and is a woman ready to obey every whim that Xander has, without fear and with the bonus that she is made up of love to give with her heart, not to one but to all four men.
This characters have been very well developed and written. This is a short story but Maya Banks aced the goal to make us understand each and every one of this characters and their place in the story.

Well, one can not go away without talking about the hot scenes that the pages of this book has.
This author always has the ability to make me blush but I can't help myself for running after more.
Maya Banks can write erotica with the gift of having your mind and body aligned together with your heart.
After all one can roam the unknown and break boundaries, can we not ?
It's called living.

I loved this story and in the meantime I've gone back to the book a time or two, that's always a good sign.

"Sway" by Lauren Dane. Book 1 of the Delicious series

Levi Warner is an established, older man—wealthy, powerful, and above all, respectable. Then Levi meets Daisy, an uninhibited 24-year-old dance instructor and artist, not exactly the kind of woman Levi is accustomed to. But the young, free spirit, brings out something in him he only experienced in fantasies. When their scorching affair turns into something unexpectedly deeper, Levi finds himself torn between preserving his reputation, and exploring a wilder and much more satisfying kind of life.

I picture Levi Warner like a hot shot, very handsome lawyer. I picture him like a handsome devil, smiling at me and melting me into a puddle of sweetness. I picture Levi as a dominating sex partner that won't back away from what he wants, perfect most of the time and with time the few flaws of character and misunderstood stupidities being taken care of by "now I see the light" or should I say, Daisy.
Boy, I always fell in love with the male characters of Lauren Dane's books and here is no different. She can make up our perfect male fantasies all in one character.
Levi is such a big boy being sometimes a scared little boy, hiding out in his bedroom when he messes up life and this is so human that I could almost believe that there are some Levi's out loose in the world.

Now Daisy is another story.
Strong as ever, and with all that artistic nature that I so adore, she is sexy, groovy and brave, brave for herself and brave for the other's.
I would love to see women over the world to be independent and strong as this characters are.
She is the perfect match for Levi and the choice of having such an unusual couple coming from different worlds and backgrounds spices up this story and entwines us into the start of another series that as so much to live up for.

The story is well balanced between the main characters and the other people that live in their world and this story is short but it's perfect.

This coming together of two of the best authors around couldn't have been a better partnership and a gift to us reader's that follow their work closely.
Please ladies, keep on sending me more because I'm always in the mood for more.


View all my reviews

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário